Our spaceship has a few tricks you may have not heard of (besides the tractor beams and lasers, of course). Whether you’re new to The Mothership or have been around for years – we think you’ll be surprised to learn a few insider hacks to make the most of the space.
1. Parking Passes: The Mothership is in the heart of downtown Durham. Thriving businesses like Motorco, Cocoa Cinnamon, and the Surf Club are our neighbors on the block. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with parking. Members get a parking pass as part of their welcome package, so you can fly clear on those busy days around the neighborhood.
2. Lockers: Feel safe to leave your work at work. With the addition of lockers, cafe members can leave their laptops, work materials, and valuables locked up while they rest up.
3. Printing Access: Need a print job done on the fly but don’t want to go out? We’ve got you covered. In addition to 24/7 access to wifi, every member has access to our printer.
4. 24/7 Access: Sometimes real-life work happens outside the standard nine to five. We know that so at the Mothership we make space so you can work at your own pace. Beyond our normal staffed hours we offer 24/7 access to the Mothership for our members.
5. Member events: Membership at The Mothership comes with several perks including regular get togethers, community opportunities, and events. There’s a member’s brunch on the first Monday of each month, a happy hour every middle Tuesday of the month at a local bar, and a brown-bag lunch every Thursday. Keep an eye on The Mothership’s Calendar to stay up-to-date on upcoming events.
6. Access to Community ListServ: Community is at the center of everything the Mothership does. Practically, that means each week members receive a weekly letter sharing all the opportunities available in the community. The listserv is available to all members to connect and promote current business projects, events, and community opportunities.