2019 COWORKING RESIDENCY
We are now accepting proposals for our Coworking Residency, a 4-month long opportunity for creative entrepreneurs to launch or develop a project with access to our coworking space and community support.
Application deadline is December 1
Anyone seeking support and workspace to develop a project is encouraged to apply.
Priority will be given to projects that demonstrate a commitment to sustainable, long term impact in Durham (or the world at large). The ideal candidate’s work centers and directly supports social/economic groups in Durham that experience barriers to accessing the resources and support they need. Preference will be given to people who themselves identify with the group their work supports and who have been working toward their project (or within the same field) for at least a year.
Women/femme, LGBTQ+, black, indigenous, people of color candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Full time Desk coworking membership with dedicated workspace and access to all member amenities
- Flexible use of our event space for your project
- Consultations with The Mothership owners to support you in clearly defining your project, outlining an action plan, and making significant progress on the project during the residency timeframe
- Features in The Mothership newsletter and social media to promote your project
- Support in planning and gathering resources to continue your project beyond the residency
- Project consultation meetings and tracking of your progress throughout the residency
- Planning and executing 1-2 events featuring your project during your residency or directly after
- Ability to pay the residency rate of $50 a month and commitment to sharing content about your project and experience
- Ability to clearly define your personal core values as well as the core values of The Mothership that you directly experienced during the residency
- Participation in our community and direct feedback on your experience to encourage the continued development of The Mothership community (structurally, energetic, or both)
WHO WE ARE
The Mothership is a coworking space, retail collective, and community platform in downtown Durham, NC. As a membership-based business, we offer work space for individuals and small businesses, retail space for makers and curators, and event space for both our members and the larger Durham community. Our mission is to stand in the intersection of passion and livelihood, offering a collaborative community and an empowering, open platform designed to propel good work forward. We focus on providing access for people who historically experience barriers to getting the support and resources they need to do their work. We are shifting work culture by cultivating a working community that seeks to meet an important but all too often undervalued foundational need: to be more human in our work life.
This residency honors the legacy of Vision + Vocation’s mission “to uplift and illuminate the sacred in the everyday.”