The Mothership model is different than other shops. Our aim is to create a community and collective environment that supports the work of makers and allows them to keep creative control. Once you’ve applied and been accepted into The Mothership, you become a member. You merchandise, stock, and experiment with your own shelf or booth space. You get special access and rates to use the shop for events, classes and workshops. Read on for the membership terms and financial nitty-gritty.
- All Maker Membership terms are four months.
- “Commission” includes credit card fees and will be automatically deducted from monthly sales totals, as reported on sales reports.
- If your monthly sales total is not greater than or equal to your monthly membership fee, no commission will be deducted.
- Vendors will receive a sales report for each month within the first seven days of the following month and a check for each month’s sales within the first 14 days of the following month.
- Makers are responsible for regularly maintaining and updating their own displays and merchandising, including clear signage and business cards.
- Makers must provide a bio and photo for store website and in-store display.
- Makers are responsible for contributing to the greater good of the store through online/print promotion and/or hosting events at the store.
- January – March: 5%
- April – June: 9%
- July – September: 13%
- October – December: 18%
Note: due to the volume of applications we receive, we cannot reply to each individually. If you don’t get a response, please feel encouraged to reapply in the future.